Definition of the Parties.
- The term “Company” means SESAC Music Group. Contact information for the Company may be obtained at Company’s Contact Page, and any reference herein to Company’s Contact Page means the page located above.
Please also note that a “General User” means any User who accesses any portion of the Platform for which registration is not required (a “Public Portion”), including any User who accesses the Platform through the use of crawlers, robots, browsers, data mining or extraction tools, or similar functionality, whether such functionality is installed or configured by such person or entity or by a third party. A “Registered User” means, with respect to any portion of the Platform for which registration is required (a “Non-Public Portion”), any individual who (1) possesses a Company-issued, currently-valid username and password for such Non-Public Portion, and (2) is currently authorized by Company to access and use such Non-Public Portion.
Updates to the Platform. Company may, from time to time, with or without notice, change, modify, add or delete any content, style, functionality, service, accessibility, appearance or use of the Platform or any feature thereof; charge, modify or waive any fees (including any fee model) required to use the Platform; offer opportunities to some or all Users; or shut down the Platform entirely.
A. License; Limitations.
D. Use of Applets. Use of certain applications and functionalities available through the Platform may require the download or other transfer onto your computer of software “applets” (e.g., small, cross-platform compatible pieces of executing code) such as to enable communication between your computer and Company’s computers, and/or to execute such applications or functionalities. You agree to the transfer or download of such applets onto your computer system for the purpose of allowing you to access and use of any such applications and functionalities available through the Platform.
E. Intellectual Property; Proprietary Rights.
- Copyright. The Platform (including the compilation, selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of all Databases, Associated Software and Materials on the Platform) is the property of Company, its suppliers and/or its licensors, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You acknowledge that all such rights are valid and enforceable. You may not remove or obscure any copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the Platform.
- Trademark. You are not permitted to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and related logos of Company and its affiliated legal entities and licensors (collectively, the “Marks”) unless you first receive prior written consent to do so from Company or the third party that may own such Marks.
- Patent. The Platform and/or portions thereof may be protected under patent law, and may be the subject of issued patents and/or pending patent applications.
F. Digital Millennium Copyright Act — Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement.
- Company has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), and reserves the right to avail itself of the protections under the DMCA. Company reserves the right to remove any content from the Platform, including any content alleged to infringe any third-party copyright. In appropriate circumstances, Company may terminate the access of Users who are copyright infringers. If you believe in good faith that any of the Materials hosted by Company on the Platform infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to us written notice requesting that the allegedly infringing material be removed, or access to it be blocked.
- If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed with Company against you, the DMCA permits you to send to Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. (See 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for details). Additional information regarding the DMCA, including the statutory language and related regulations, may be obtained from the United States Copyright Office, www.copyright.gov.
- Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Platform must be in writing and directed by email to DMCA@SESAC.com and by regular mail to General Counsel/Designated Agent, SESAC Rights Management, Inc., 35 Music Square East, Nashville, TN 37027, Attn: DMCA Notice. You may contact our agent by telephone at 615-320-0055. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before serving a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
H. Third Parties
- Third-Party Products and Services. From time to time, Company may have the opportunity to offer to you products and services from third-party vendors, including at discounted prices and through special arrangements. Please be aware, however, that Company cannot take any responsibility for such third-party products and services. Please address any inquiries or concerns you may have about such products and services directly to the relevant vendor. Also, please note that, in some cases, Company may receive a referral fee or other consideration from the vendor for making the goods and services available to you. By taking advantage of the offer made available through Company, you are agreeing to any such fee or other arrangement.
- Third-Party Online Resources. The Platform may contain links to websites and other online resources of third parties that are not under Company’s control. Company may make available such links to other online resources merely as a convenience to you. Company makes no representations of any kind regarding the content of such third-party online resources, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Company with respect to such online resources. You agree that any time you access a third-party online resource that is linked through the Platform, you do so at your own risk. Company is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information or materials contained on any third-party online resources. Any comments regarding any third-party online resources should be directed to the entity whose website contains these materials or resources.
- Linking to the Platform by Third Parties. A third-party website that links or seeks to link to the Platform: (1) may link to the home page of the Platform (or any other page that Company may designate from time to time), but not replicate any of the Materials; (2) may not create a browser, border or frame environment around the Platform’s content; (3) may not imply that Company is endorsing it or its products; (4) may not misrepresent its relationship with Company, its publishers or licensees; (5) may not use any Company logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of any link or otherwise without Company’s express prior written permission; and (6) may not portray Company, its related legal entities, directors, officers, employees, publishers or licensees or their services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. A third-party website seeking to link to the Platform must not violate any laws, advocate unlawful activity or contain content that is not appropriate for all ages. Company expressly reserves the right to remove any links to the Platform or request that you remove any links to the Platform that are not in compliance with these Terms.
I. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
- GENERAL DISCLAIMERS. COMPANY PROVIDES THE PLATFORM “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE PLATFORM IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, CABLE, COMPUTER HARDWARE, AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE PLATFORM, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON.
- Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of the Platform, we make no guarantees as to its completeness or correctness. In the event that a situation arises in which the Platform’s completeness or correctness is in question, please contact Company via Company’s Contact Page listed above and, if possible, provide a description of the material to be checked and the specific location (URL) where such material can be found on the Platform, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you. We will try to address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable. For copyright infringement claims, see Digital Millennium Copyright Act — Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement above.
- Company hopes that the Materials will be helpful as a background reference, but they should not be construed as legal, accounting, or other professional advice on any subject matter. In addition, Company strives to provide accurate information, but Company is not engaged in providing legal, accounting, or like professional services, and availability or use of the Materials is not intended to create, and does not create, any such professional services relationship. Use of the Materials is not an adequate substitute for obtaining legal, accounting, or other professional advice from a licensed provider in your jurisdiction. You agree you will not act or refrain from acting based on any of the Materials without first seeking the services of a competent professional.
J. DISCLAIMERS REGARDING THE DATABASES. DATA CONTAINED IN THE DATABASES HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO COMPANY BY COPYRIGHT OWNERS, LICENSEES AND OTHERS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE DATA MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM. COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ON THE PART OF ANY COVERED PARTY (AS DEFINED BELOW) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION IN THE DATABASES, OR FOR ANY OMISSIONS OR ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE DATABASES.
In some cases, the copyright ownership information shown for a musical composition or sound recording may not reflect actual copyright ownership of such musical composition or sound recording, or may no longer be current. Musical compositions or sound recordings listed in a Database may not be fully represented or represented at all by Company, and may not be licensable through Company. The data contained in online licensing reports and statements may no longer be current at the time such data is accessed through the Platform.
K. LIMITATION OF LIABLITY.
- A COVERED PARTY (AS DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM (1) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR THE CONTENT OF, THE PLATFORM; (2) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING ANY FEATURES THEREOF; (3) ANY DAMAGE TO A COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM; (4) ANY UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION OR MISUSE OF THE PLATFORM OR YOUR DATA BY AN EMPLOYEE OF CUSTOMER OR BY ANY OTHER PARTY; AND/OR (5) ANY LOSS OR MISUSE OF A USERNAME OR PASSWORD.
- “Covered Party” means (1) Company, its related legal entities, and any officer, director, employee, subcontractor, agent, representative, successor or assign of Company or its related legal entities; and (2) each third-party supplier of any portion of the Platform, their affiliates, and any officer, director, employee, subcontractor, agent, representative, successor or assign of any third-party supplier of materials or any of their affiliates.
- Applicable law may not allow for limitations on certain implied warranties, or exclusions or limitations of certain damages. Solely to the extent that such law applies to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have certain additional rights.
L. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. COMPANY MAY ACT MERELY AS AN INTERMEDIARY IN A TRANSACTION PROCESS OR AN INTERMEDIARY ON BEHALF OF DISCLOSED COPYRIGHT OWNERS AS AN AGENT, AND MAY NOT BE A PRINCIPAL IN CERTAIN TRANSACTION BETWEEN A COPYRIGHT OWNER AND LICENSEE OR BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTIES MAKING OFFERS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM. WHERE COMPANY HAS ACTED AS AN INTERMEDIARY, YOU HEREBY RELEASE COMPANY, ITS RELATED LEGAL ENTITIES, AND ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, DAMAGE (ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR OTHER), OR LIABILITY (VICARIOUS OR OTHERWISE) OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE ACTIONS OF ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, LICENSEE, USER, OR THIRD PARTY THAT MAKES OFFERS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM, OR ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN OR AMONG ONE OR MORE OF SUCH USERS, INDIVIDUALS, OR ENTITIES.
TO THE EXTENT IT MAY APPLY, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
N. Legal Notices Under California Law. Under California Civil Code Section § 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information:
- Pricing Information. Current fees for our services may be obtained by contacting Company via Company’s Contact Page listed above. Company reserves the right to change its fees or to institute new fees at any time.
- Complaints. The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at Department of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Information Division, 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210.
O. Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Company is not responsible for implementing any parental control protections.
Q. Jurisdictional Issues. The Platform is controlled or operated (or both) from the United States, and is not intended to subject Company or any of its related legal entities, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, agents, representatives, successors or assigns to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than the United States. Company does not represent or warrant that the Platform or any specific features or services that may be accessible through the Platform are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Platform and the entities that such individuals represent do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Company may limit the availability of the Platform and/or specific features or services of the Platform with respect to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time, in our sole discretion.
S. Export Control Laws. You are responsible for complying with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.